The researchers and students in Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering Unit (Yokobayashi Lab) at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate School (OIST) conduct chemistry and bioengineering research involving nucleic acids (e.g., DNA and RNA). The group started in 2004 in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at University of California, Davis, and moved to OIST in July 2015.
A postdoc position is available (English/Japanese) (updated 2022/08)
- Best of luck to Keisuke who started a new position at Tokyo Institute of Technology!
- Gear's work on experimental exploration of a ribozyme neutral network is now online in Nature Communications!
- Samuel and Gear's work on sequence preference analysis of saporin has been published in ACS Chemical Biology.
- Marius's article in Journal of Cellular Biochemistry describes a potential pitfall in using EGFP in experiments that involve unfolded protein response (UPR).
- Samuel's collaborative work with the Pigolotti Unit has been published in eLife!
- Welcome to Bochen who just joined us as a new postdoc.
- Welcome back to Tomoya who will continue his thesis research in our unit. April was Vyankat's last month in our group. Best of luck to his future endeavors!
- Congratulations to Keisuke and Narae for their new KAKENHI grants!
- Takeshi's paper on cell-free riboswitch engineering is published in Nucleic Acids Research.
- Vyankat's work was picked up by Nature's Resarch Highlights section.
- Vyankat's work on DNA-driven macroscopic self-assembly is now online in Journal of the American Chemical Society! OIST press release with a nice video.
- Keisuke's NAR paper made the cover of the latest issue!
- Welcome to new rotation student Qiyi, and welcome back to Samira who starts her thesis research!
- Our first paper on stem cells by Narae is published in ACS Synthetic Biology!
- Welcome to our new rotation student Tomoya.
- Kamila's second paper on a new ribozyme scaffold is now online at ACS Synthetic Biology.
- Takeshi's review on cell-free riboswitches has been published in RSC Chemical Biology.
- July was Kamila's last month at OIST. Best of luck in the next stage of her career!
- Keisuke's PD-SELEX paper is now online at Nucleic Acids Research as a "Breakthrough Article".
- Welcome to another new postdoc Marius!
- Welcome to our new postdoc Lara who joined our unit as a JSPS fellow!
- Welcome to Fernanda and Samira who will be rotating in our unit through August.
- Congratulations to Gear his JSPS predoctoral fellowship (DC2)!
Older news and announcements
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering Unit
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son